Friday, November 15, 2013

Questioning my sanity...one person at a time...

So, I went out at lunch time to pick up some eats and as I was driving into our parking lot I see one of my most favorite-ist vehicles of all time...a Pontiak Aztek




This isn't the same vehicle because I didn't think to take a picture, plus I just remembered that my phone was at my desk, but the color was the same.  Anyway, so the driver side window was open and someone was sitting in there so I went up and said "Can I ask you a random question...do you like the Aztek?"  He said yes without hesitation and said it was a real smooth ride.  I told him I've liked the Aztek since it came out and even though it has gotten bad ratings (for looks, not performance) I'd love to have one but they aren't very common on the secondary market.  We chatted for a few seconds then I thanked him and walked away.  Now, I NEVER do something like that unless there is something I just got to know and this was the first time I'd ever had the opportunity to ask someone if they like the vehicle.  I'm glad to hear there are people who do.  Pontiac only made the Aztek for about 2 years so there aren't very many of them unfortunately and I don't know that I'll ever find one for sale when I'm in the market for a car, but I'm glad to know my "worship" (for lack of a better word) of this vehicle isn't misplaced.  hahahaha.  I still can't believe, though, that I walked up to some random guy in the parking lot!  hahahaha.

I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned it before, but I'm a scanner buff.  I like listening to the police and fire department goings-on in my county and the cities I travel to.  Currently, I only have one scanner (there's people out there with many, many scanners...like, in the double digits)

...I take that back, I have 2 but only one really works for my area...but I have been wanting another one so I'd have one for work and one for home.  I briefly had a desktop (the above is a mobile) one that I bought for work but I couldn't get very good reception so I returned it and have been wanting another one since then.  Well, a few months ago it was announced that the company that makes 2/3rds of the scanners was going out of business.  The scanners made by GRE, which includes Radio Shack branded scanners like mine, quickly started selling like hotcakes and the ones that are still out there tend to be very expensive.  I got mine at a Black Friday sale about 3 years ago.  It hasn't been that cheap since.   You can get analog scanners for a pretty decent price, but like I said, most of my county is digital.  Anyway, about a month or so ago it was announced that the company that is best-known for car radar detectors, Whistler, had bought everything from GRE and they would be entering the scanner market in early 2014, which is cool, but tomorrow is something even cooler at the moment.  Uniden, who is the only company currently manufacturing scanners, will be having an announcement on their YouTube channel about at least 2 new scanners they will be releasing in the near future, possibly as early as January.  I've never been "in" on a new scanner release so it's pretty exciting for me.  There's been a lot of speculation as to what features will be available on it, but all the Product Ninja will tell us is that it will have features never before seen on one of their scanners.  We've also been able to get a couple of pictures.  This is the back of the handheld one
I wasn't able to get a picture of the desktop one because it was part of a video that I couldn't do a screen grab of because I don't know how.  hahahaha.  But with the announcement tomorrow, there's been personal countdowns on cell phones...
And an official one on the Uniden YouTube channel set up for the announcement...
The time above is obviously not the current time clock since the announcement is at 12pm CST tomorrow.  I'm just now getting around to blogging about it.   I just hope I remember to watch tomorrow.  The last time I wanted to watch something at a specific time, I completely forgot.  I'm thinking of setting an alarm on my phone and my iPad mini so I don't forget.  We'll see.

And this post isn't completely without horses...Stone DAH has released two braided hunter molds and I want both of them!



I'm not particularly fond of the Morgan tail on the first one, but I wouldn't turn it down entirely.  I like the braids on the second model.  Unfortunately, it's not in the funds to order one right now so I finally broke down and bought Misty Harbor, whom I've been wanting for awhile

I probably shouldn't have, but I had a moment of weakness.  I can't wait for him to arrive.  I have other new ones that I haven't shown here yet plus I have a bunch of pictures of wild horses I got during my last day off the week before last that I haven't even uploaded yet.  Eeeek.  I hope to do that early next week.

Well, that's about it.  My lunch break is almost over.  Tomorrow is laundry day.  Yippee!  hahaha.  They keep saying the weather is going to cool down considerably this weekend, but on the Weather Channel last night it didn't look like it would as much as the local news claims.  I never believe the local weather because they're usually wrong.  Anyway, have a good weekend and hopefully I'll have those horse pictures for you on Monday or Tuesday!




No comments:

Post a Comment