Friday, December 6, 2013

Stone Warehouse Sale...

Well, tomorrow Stone Horses is having a warehouse sale.  It's predominantly for people who can attend in person, but they will have people available to take phone orders.  I looked at the horses they were going to have available and was all fired up when I saw the Ideal Stock Horse models they were going to have...



Aren't they pretty?  I just want all of them!  The first two are probably going to be more expensive than the second two, but I'd take any of them.  And I was hoping to buy at least one of them...until this morning.   I was driving to work and was making a left turn from one road to another when suddenly my tire felt bumpy.  Knowing it was under warranty, I still wasn't too worried.  I pulled off the road into a parking lot and called the auto club.  Yes, I can change my own tire, but it was 39 degrees outside and I just didn't feel like it.  Besides, I work in an office and I don't think they would've appreciated me showing up smelling like I'd been working on a car because while I can change a tire, it takes me awhile and I would've worked up a sweat doing so.  So why not let the auto club do it?  Since my spare tire is only a donut, I had to go to the tire place right away.  I had already called work and told them I'd be late, but the tire place didn't open until 8 and it was 6:30 when all this was happening.  So I got to sit in the parking lot of the tire place for an hour.  Fun!  Fortunately, though, my next door neighbor is one of the service writers and as soon as they were open he came out to help me (he'd seen my car when he'd gotten to work).  Anyway, the bad news was that my tire was worn down and not eligible for free replacement.  I would need a new one for $64.  Not a major deal, but apparently my other front tire was wearing down the same way and would need to be replaced soon, too.  I should also look into having my alignment checked.  Great.  The dollar signs just kept adding up.  I told him that would have to wait until pay day (they don't do that there anyway) and he said he'd see if they had any used tires if I was willing to get those.  Sure.  No problem.  Then he remembered he had two tires at home that would fit my car and he didn't need them and he didn't want them to go to waste.  So he ran home and got them.  I did end up having to spend $53, though, when he asked if I wanted to convert my donut tire, which was wearing out, too, to a full-sized spare.  Sure!  So, while I lost my pony spending money for tomorrow, I got two new/used tires for free and I now have a full-sized spare.  Yay!  Not to bad.  And I ended up only being 2 hours late for work.  No big deal.

I'm bummed about not being able to do the warehouse sale tomorrow, but maybe the 4 models above will eventually go into "Overstock" or something and I can buy one of them there.  We'll have to see.  I shouldn't be spending that much money anyway.  And no, buying the tire didn't take all my money from my bank account...I'm not that broke.  hahahaha.  But I need money for other things, you know?  Oh, the joys of being a grown-up.

The weather is supposed to be cold all weekend.  I wonder if we'll turn on the heater at all.  I thought it would've been warranted this morning, but...It was supposed to only be a high of 47 on Sunday, but now they're saying it'll be 52.  We'll see which one it'll turn out being.  I don't have any major plans.  Grocery shopping on Sunday as usual.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and I will leave you with pictures of some really beautiful horses.  I forget if they're Hanoverians or American Warmbloods.  I know I was looking at pictures of both...




No comments:

Post a Comment