Friday, March 7, 2014

Aphrodite...next in the Greek Goddess series...

Imagine my surprise when I saw an email from Breyer just a little while ago, inviting me to enter to win the next in the Greek Goddess series, Aphrodite
It hasn't even been a month since Hera was announced...more like 3 weeks.  I don't think I've ever heard of them releasing two that close together.  Some speculate it might be due to the goof at BEB where they gave one away instead of Cafe au Lait, but I don't know.  It does seem a little odd, though.  The Strapless mold isn't one I conga.  I don't have any of her, in fact, but because I've already seen what she looks like "in person" (I didn't see her in person, but I saw an 'in hand' photo, I know I like the coloring so I entered for her.  If I hadn't seen her and went based on the pictures from Breyer

I'm not sure I would enter, but it's a moot point now.  hahahaha.  It's another short entry...today until Monday night so I don't have to remember quite so much to enter.    When they give you more than a week or whatever, that's when I have problems remembering.  My old brain, I guess.  They also raised the price on this one.  Hera was "only" $135 and Aphrodite is $165.  Oh well.  If I win, I win and I'll pay for her.  If I don't win, I won't be hugely disappointed.  <shrugs>  We shall see.

On the Breyerfest front, they released another model.  This one is a tent model so you don't need any special ticket times or anything.
Champagne Wishes is done on the Blue Grass Bandit mold and is rather nice-looking.  I liked the black and white Lady C from last year better, but this one would be nice to have.  I don't have any BGB models and I doubt I'll try to get one, but you never know.

It's Friday.  Hurray!  I have no major plans for the weekend.  It's my turn to do laundry.  Yippee skippee.  hahaha.  It's supposed to be in the 80s all weekend, which is a huge change from the rain we got last weekend.  Bummer.  But that's what I get for living in Arizona.  Heh.  Even if I could talk my mom and brother into moving to a state with nicer year-round, I probably wouldn't because I have a decent job and decent jobs are hard to come by these days.  I've been here for almost 13 years, the longest I've been anywhere.

Anyway, I guess that's it.  Have a good weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment