Monday, September 23, 2013

They won't be outdone...

Apparently some of my stablemates were getting a little jealous of all the attention I was paying some of my traditions because they decided to get into the act, too, it seems.

Yesterday I was in my room, watching TV when I looked over at one of my shelf units and I thought it looked a little...off.  Upon closer inspection, I discovered several of my newer ones had decided to lie down and take a little nap...


I haven't looked, yet, to see if any of them are damaged and I don't know why just these ones fell over and not the rest on the shelf, but I'm guessing the bay Paso Fino is the main culprit.  Something caused him to fall over and take the others with him.  It looks like maybe Buttercream's leg may have kept any others from falling over.  Those are my older ones I got at the antique store a few weeks ago and several of them are G1 and discontinued.  I always knew those PFs were trouble.  hahahaha.  So, I took the picture and set them back up.  The PF doesn't really stand all that well so he's now resting against Kalahkaari's leg for support. 

Yesterday I was looking around on my iPad mini for lighthouse webcams I didn't know about and after following a couple of links I found this lighthouse in Maine that is for sale...

 Look at that view!


I don't remember if it said it's an actual, working lighthouse that is being sold as excess surplus or if it was built like a lighthouse and might be an active aid to navigation.  But just look at it.  It's selling for just under $2million and so totally worth it, in my opinion.  Of course, it's a huge fire hazard with all those trees and wood, but it's beautiful.  Definitely unique. 

Well, it's Monday.  I need to get back to work.  I hope everyone had a nice weekend.  I did laundry Saturday then my mom and I went out to dinner Saturday night.  I got the prime rib as usual and it was probably the best I've ever had there.  And the grilled mushrooms were yummy as usual.  I brought some of it home to have for leftovers today at work.  Can't wait until lunch.  Something we weren't able to bring home, though, was desert...
My mom said I should put it in my to-go container with everything else.  Uhm, no thanks.  Hahaha.  Some foods just shouldn't mix.  When I say that she says what difference does it make since it all ends up in the same place anyway.  Maybe.  But it should taste good getting there.  hahaha.

The weather is finally starting to cool down.  The past several mornings have been beautiful.  Cool and a little breezy.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment