Friday, February 28, 2014

Probably not a very good idea...

So, during lunchtime I went to a party supply store about 3 miles north of my office to look for Mardi Gras stuff to incorporate into a bento box lunch on Tuesday.  I didn't find anything I really wanted to spend money on for just one day and it was all too theme-y for other uses.  Anyway, Party City is in a strip mall and it was super crowded, which is normal for a Friday afternoon.  Or really any afternoon during lunch since there's several food places in the center.  Anyway, I was trying to find the store and when I drove around the building, the first thing I see is...
That truck and trailer is taking up at least 5 parking spaces RIGHT BY the businesses.  Wow.  I wouldn't care so much about it being there if it was parked further back so it didn't interfere with other traffic.  As far as I could tell, there were no horses in the trailer.  I then went inside the party store and when I came back out I noticed this one...
Now, at least this one is parked in such a way that it doesn't interfere with the flow of traffic nor does it take up any parking spaces.  It did, however, contain a horse.  Bad Idea #2.  The temperature is probably at least 75 to 80 degrees right now, which means the interior of the trailer is likely over 100 degrees.  The side windows were down, but still...that's really a bad idea to leave your horse in the trailer.  I was at the shopping center for at least 10 minutes, if not 15, so these two vehicle owners weren't just a "quick run in/run out" type thing.  There was a pet supply store near the party store and they "may" have been in there, but they could also very likely have been in one of the restaurants.  I felt bad for the horse that was stuck inside the 2nd trailer.  Not only because he was forced to be in a trailer for who knows how long on a pretty warm day, but if you look, you'll see where the vehicle came from...Alaska.  Who trailers ONE horse from Alaska to Arizona for a show?  If they are here for the rodeo this weekend, are the points that important that you MUST participate?  They might be stragglers from the Arabian show that ended Sunday, but again, one horse?  I can't imagine trailering a single horse all that way for a show, but then again, I've never been on the show circuit so I don't know the mentality.  Another possibility is that the Alaska trailer, they just moved here, but...I don't know.  I just wish they hadn't had a horse in it.  If they're here for the rodeo, why not leave your trailer at the nearby show grounds then come back and get your lunch or whatever?    Oh well.  Something interesting about the trailer is that it comes from a dealer in Texas.  hahaha.  You don't really go through Texas to get from Alaska to Arizona or vice versa.  Maybe they bought it secondhand from someone.  Who knows?

I'm glad it's Friday.  It's supposed to rain tomorrow, but we shall see.  It was only supposed to be 76 today and I think we've passed that so I'll believe the rain when I see it.  I hope everyone has a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment