Monday, July 8, 2013

If you only knew...

Last week my friend at work and I got to talking on Facebook about what we were going to do with our 4 day holiday and she mentioned she was probably going to go riding on Thursday so immediately I sent her a sametime message (it's an instant messenger here at work) and asked her if she would take some pictures for me if she was able to.  I sent her an email showing her what I was looking for and she said she would do what she could.  I then got to thinking and decided to start a thread on Blab with the same request.  I know there are several people on Blab with either their own horse or ride often with friends or whatever so I thought it would be a good idea.  I got a couple of responses, not as many as I'd hoped for, but that's okay.  I really do appreciate everyone who took the time to send me pictures they already had or actually went out and took pictures:
I'd said international photos were welcome and got this one from "magick" who lives in Ireland.  I'm still waiting for a couple of others to send in pictures.  I'm patient.  hehehe.

But this post is about the pictures my friend Sara took on Thursday.  When I opened the email up, I instantly had tears in my eyes.  I literally felt like I was the one sitting on Baron's back and I could just reach over and give his neck a nice scratch, which is what I was looking for...

I was so floored by my reaction to the photos.  I have quite a collection of this type and none of them evoked the same reaction as the first one she took of Baron.  I thanked her profusely.  She's a horse lover like me, but until you've gone as long as I have without riding, it's hard to understand what it's like.  She rides at Camelot Therapeutic Riding School (she's deaf) and has friends who ride so she has no shortage of horses to ride.  I plan to use these photos as inspiration to get myself back into riding shape and with the help of these photos and my friends cheering me on (and telling me I'd scare the horses if I became a crack whore), I know I can do it! 

Thank you again, Sara L.  If you only knew how much it means to me you took the photos...


No comments:

Post a Comment