Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Random Cool Video Wednesday

So, today I was looking at different Breyerfest videos on YouTube and when I see ones in the right hand side that look interesting, I go and watch it. It doesn't always have to do with horses or BF, but that's okay because you can only watch so many BF videos a year. hahaha. Not because they get boring (although, between you and me, they do start to get a little boring), but because there's only so many of them out there. I like seeing the "ticket arrival" and the "experience" ones where people videotape their trip there. Those are the most fun.

Anyway, I think today I'm going to start a "Random Cool Video" day. A lot of people have Wordless Wednesdays and Throwback Thursdays, but since many of my posts don't have pictures, it'd be hard to have a "wordless" day and I don't have many shareable pictures from the past like some others do so a "throwback" day would be difficult. So, here we have Random Cool Video Wednesday. Today's Random Cool Video comes to you from CoastGuardNews channel on YouTube. Why was I watching a Coast Guard video, you may ask? Go ahead. You can ask. I will tell you. When I was in my 20s I became fascinated with the US Coast Guard. I had been enjoying Cops for at least 10 years by then and that was the only reality type show on at the time (maybe Rescue 911 and Real Stories of the Highway Patrol were on, too, I don't remember) but when Cops started I grew to like the law enforcement reality shows. I've always wanted to be a cop or a firefighter and I was an EMT for 8 years. Anyway, sometime in the 90s they did a show about the Coast Guard that was like Cops and I became fascinated with them. So much so that I really considered enlisting. I didn't, but the fascination never went away. I love the Coast Guard series on the Weather Channel and whenever I go to San Diego, I look at the air station everytime I drive by. If a helicopter is getting ready to take off, I'll see if I can find a place to park so I can watch it and when I see a boat on the San Diego Bay I'll watch it for awhile.

I think this video is real neat because it's a self-righting test being performed on an unoccupied Rigid Hull Inflatable. They have other boats that are capable of self-righting, but I believe this is the first RHIB that is capable of it. It's a pretty neat video, I think. I couldn't imagine being in a boat that is capsized, though, even if it does right itself. I hope you enjoy watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment