Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Beezie Madden and Authentic

So, I  was  reading a book today and medical armbands for riders was mentioned.  It said they're  in case a rider fallsand is unable to answer questions about medical conditions  or allergies.  I'd  never heard of that so when I  got home I  decided  to  look up pictures  on Google of show jumpers.  In some of them you could see the armbands, but in most of them there was none.  But  I  thought  it  was  too generic of a search so I  decided  to  look  up pictures  of  one of my show jumping "idols" Beezie Madden.  "Idol" isn't  really  the right word  because  I  don't  idolize  her, but I  do admire her and ook up to her and I'd  love  the chance  to  meet her someday...

Anyway, so I  was looking  at  pictures  of  Beezie in competition  and came across a video of her falling during the 2007 Rolex World Cup in Las Vegas.  The person who posted  the video did it as sort of a "See?  Everyone falls, even Beezie Madden so get over yourself!"  That video led to the one that is the subject  of  this blog  post  and is actually the same video but more of it.  In the video, Authentic takes a jump and for some  reason  his legs come down and he trips.  Beezie falls off and is eliminated, but apparently  Authentic  doesn't  realize  that  because  he keeps going and even jumps over 2 more obstacles, much to everyone's  delight.  One person  who tried to catch  him almost got run over by the horse.  Fortunately, nobody was injured, but it was still kind of scary.

http://youtu.be/Wdb7qAtTLbc

And hey!  This is my 200th post!

No comments:

Post a Comment