Friday, August 2, 2013

Being broke sucks...or...Darn you, Peter Stone!

I will NOT buy another horse.  I will NOT buy another horse.  I will NOT buy another horse.  I can't afford it.  I can't afford it.  I can't afford it.  I don't need it.  I don't need it.  I don't need it.   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have I convinced myself yet?  Nope.  Not likely.  But it was a Peter Stone horse that got me into the trouble I'm in right now.  Why can't I just stay away from the Stone site when I don't have any money?  Why must I torture myself?  The really crappy thing of it is, though, is that they're calling them "overstock" and once they're gone, they're gone so if I don't buy them "now", I'm pretty much screwed.   This is the one I want the most of the two I like.  Just LOOK at the shading on his face!

And I just love the detailing in this one's eyes.  You can kind of see the stripes in the irises.
And then there's this guy...

 Look at the facial markings!  Did I mention I'm a sucker for faces on horses?  Especially the Stone ones.  For being made out of plastic they have a ton of expression on their faces.  <sigh>

But I can't buy any of them because I'm pretty broke right now.  If they're still available next week then I'll see if I can swing the first one since that's my first choice.  If he's no longer available then I'll get the 2nd.  If neither one is available, then that's that because the 3rd one is more than both 1 & 2 put together.  But dangit!  I WANT THEM!!!!!!!!!  DARN YOU, PETER STONE!!!!!!!

Not much going on around here.  Work is being difficult right now.  We're short a couple of people, but we're also kind of slow so I go from periods of tons of work to having nothing.  No big plans for the weekend.  Go tomorrow to get Lottery tickets.  Grocery shopping on Sunday.  Oh boy!    <sigh> I suppose I could work on some projects I've been avoiding.  Or maybe not.  We'll see how I feel about it tomorrow.  hahaha.   I hope everyone has a good weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you about the Stones. Last year I got my first DAH, the ASB to look like my rescue horse. Love him. Then I saw their rat tailed appy at a show and that is what I wanted. Well, no they finally had the short ratty mane so I broke down and ordered an Appy. Next thing I know they have the rat mane AND tail. Argh. So I break down and order another one! THEN they put out my FAVORITE Appy color, snowflake! ARGH. But not the rat tail so I talked myself out of it. Meanwhile now I spent more on two horses than I spend on models in a year. No more looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support, Christine. I'm still waiting for my DAH, which is what caused my money problems to begin with. Not because he was expensive but because two days after I bought him two big bills came up. I won't order another DAH until my outstanding one shows up, but the regular ones...? Lol

    ReplyDelete