Monday, August 5, 2013

Looks like no 2014 Breyerfest for me...

I did the math the other day and just for travel expenses it would cost me almost $1,200!  That's airfare, hotel and car rental for 5 days.  That doesn't include food, gas or plastic poneh money plus whatever other things I might want to do like go to the Louisville Zoo and Cincinnati Zoo.  It's a total bummer, for sure, but I've never spent that much on a trip and it makes me nervous spending that amount.  Granted, I have almost a year to save up for it, but that's still an awful lot of money.  If I lived closer or could get either a free plane ticket or maybe share a room with 2 people it would probably be doable, but that's not likely to happen.  Besides, I wouldn't want to spend my whole time at Breyerfest otherwise I could cut down on costs by cutting a day off from my trip.  <sigh>  Part of me, though, says to just reserve a room on the off-chance I could get a discounted plane ticket during one of Southwest's flight sales  And I could go to BF on Friday then maybe the Cinci Zoo on Saturday and L-Ville Zoo Sunday since I'd be flying out of L-Ville.  I don't know.  I have to think about it.  But as of right now, I won't be going.

**eta** I just did the numbers by cutting down one day and it would save me about $300.  More if I'm able to take advantage of Advance Purchase for the hotel I'm thinking of.  But if I do that and it turns out I can't make it, I can't get a refund.  <sigh>  I just need to stick with a decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment