Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Buy it or try to make it?

I recently started back on Weight Watchers (for the bazillionth time) but I'm doing it on my own, not through meetings or online.  I can't afford either one of them right now so until I can, I want to get a jump start on it.  Anyway, so I have this little points calculator and when I got it, it came packaged in a neat little pouch of bubble wrap.  Well, over the past couple of years the bubble wrap has deflated to nothing and doesn't really provide much protection anymore.  It's not really a fragile item, it's made mostly out of plastic, but I personalized it with a sticker on the outside cover (inside cover, too, but since that's on the inside of the 'lid' I'm not worried)
But if I don't keep the calculator in something, the sticker will get all munched up and I don't want that.  So I decided, for shits and grins, to look on Etsy to see if they had any sort of WW type stuff I could buy and found this cute pouch
It's cute and the seller has different fabrics so I could see if she had one with horses on it or had access to it.  But It's $9.00 and I'm not sure I want to spend that much.  So I'm wondering if I should try to make my own.  I don't have a sewing machine, but I can sew pretty decently by hand.  How hard is it to sew a straight line?  hahaha.  Would it just be better to buy one or should I try to make it myself and hope it comes out?  Or...this just hit me...see if I can find some sort of small pouch in the cosmetics section of Wal Mart or something.  Maybe I should try looking there first.  Or even the sewing area of Michaels might have something I can use.  Yeah.  Maybe I'll try that first. 

So, I've changed my mind about Breyerfest...again.  I've decided to give it a real effort to try to save the money and go.  I have quite some time between now and then to save money and during that time there'll be a couple of months with 3 paychecks in it and then there's taxes in February.  I still get refunds so that'll help.  Of course, if something should happen to my car and I need to fix or replace it, then I'll have the BF money to do that with.  But I really want to try to go.  I want to see Kentucky and meet some of my Blab friends who live on the other side of the country.  And I want to get neat horses first-hand instead of having to try for after-market.  Like Sixes and Sevens.
I've always liked the Cantering Welsh Pony and this guy was part of BF 2012.  I still don't have him but I haven't really been trying to find one lately.  And then there's Moonraker
A cute little stablemate that I've been unsuccessful in finding.  A couple of days ago I found someone who was selling 3 of the 4 from last year and I emailed her, but I haven't gotten a response yet.  I got a Clydesdale SM during the Spring Fling pony swap on Blab this year and I've fallen in love with the mold.  I heard some people say there were some left-overs this year, but since I wasn't there...

Oh well.  Only time will tell if I can go or not.

Happy Wednesday! 


4 comments:

  1. I like Moonraker as well. I have, just like you, been unsuccessful in finding him. The cantering welsh pony is nice as well. I don't own any in that mold.....maybe I should look for that one instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. I have 2 other CWPs...a black one from Horses Great & Small and Plain Pixie. I haven't been very actively conga-ing the mold or I'd have more. It seems like right now more people are looking for Moonraker than are trying to sell him. He must be popular. Good luck in your search, but don't take MINE. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't sew to save my life but you could make it a felt cozy and just blanket stitch the edges, put a button on it and a little hair elastic or ribbon to hold it shut. Or velcro.
    If you want a clip then stitch a ribbon on it with the clip. I looked up blanket stitch on YouTube because I didn't even know how to do that :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip, Christine. I was thinking Velcro, but maybe a button might be easier. Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete