Saturday, July 26, 2014

Frozen Coke...

On the way home from work yesterday I stopped at Walgreens to get some oil for my car and to check out the school supplies. It's Back to School Season and while I'm not in school myself, this time of year was always my favorite while growing up because it meant getting to shop for new clothes and getting new supplies. I'm still a nut for school supplies, although now I call them 'Office Supplies' since I work in an office.  Hahaha.anyway, before leaving I grabbed a bottle of Coke and headed on home.

I like ice cold Coke so when I got home I stuck the bottle into the freezer with the intention of taking it out in an hour or two.  If I leave it in just the right amount of time the Coke starts to ice up and becomes a little slushy.  Yum.  So I got to watching TV and the weather report.  I didn't forget about my Coke but I just kept putting off going to get it.  Well, fast forward to 7:30 and I was going to my room for the night and I finally got the bottle out of the freezer.

It was frozen almost solid.  Oops!  I should've taken it out sooner, but there've been times I've left it in for 90 minutes and it was only really cold and not even icy.  It took maybe 30-45 minutes before it had melted enough to even attempt to drink it.  Initially it tasted like really watered down soda and I almost tossed it, but then I took another sip and it tasted fine so it was only the stuff at the very top that was negatively affected.

For the past couple of weeks we've noticed the dogs have somehow gotten stuff off the table and we figured they'd just got up on their hind legs and grabbed whatever was closest so we made sure to put stuff more in the center of the table plus my mom put in an extra leaf and put up a couple of other deterrents.  Well, a few minutes ago we were here at the table when suddenly Harley jumped up on the table!  Just jumped right up and didn't want to get down.  Now we know how they've been getting stuff off of it.  I'm sure my brother will try to use this as another reason to get crates for them, but there's a flaw to that..Harley got up on the table while my mom and I were sitting here so we can't keep them in crates 24/7 to  keep them from stealing stuff.  I wish I'd thought to take a picture.  It was really quite a sight to see a 60 pound puppy standing on the table.  Silly dog.

Well, I guess that's it for now.  I hope you all have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment