Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Random Cool Video

Okay.  So maybe I won't do these weekly, just whenever I happen to see a neat video.  And this one definitely qualifies as a neat video.  It comes from Jodie H on YouTube  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX1LNtR1U4rC0OjLPCdhSBA and is from the World Cup in Las Vegas, NV 2009.  I'm a nut for Freestyle Dressage and really appreciate it when the moves the horse and rider are donig matches the music, but this is the first one I've seen where the horse and rider pair are in almost perfect sync with the music.  It really is cool to watch.  I'm not sure it qualifies as "The Cutest EVER", but it is pretty neat to watch.  And apparently the crowd thought so, too, because in certain parts of the video they're cheering and clapping because the moves are so perfect with the music.  I hope you enjoy watching it as much as I did.


I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, but last week I bought a "lot" off MH$P.  Not "a lot" as in a bunch, but "lot" as in a group from one seller.  3 dogs and a cat.  Companion Animal size, not the big ones.  I guess I should mention they're Breyer animals.  Anyway, when she sent me the tracking information on Monday she said it would be here Thursday.  Well, I just checked the tracking number and it's out for delivery today.  HURRAY!  I always like getting things ahead of schedule.  I'll have to get pictures of them, along with the two new models I got recently and haven't shown pictures of.  I'll try to get those up tomorrow or Friday.

Work is weird right now.  Because we're doing a huge system change, there's little we can do.  I work, basically put, in accounts payable and currently we use this one system to issue our payments in.  Well, at noon today, that system is being taken off-line in preparation for the new system to come in on Monday.  What that means is there is VERY little work we're allowed to do.  We can issue payments to be printed today, but only until noon.  We can't do anything on a control because that posts on a nightly cycle.  We can't pay anything where the check prints tomorrow because of the system being shut down at 12pm.  What we CAN do is typewriter checks.  No fun.  It'll be interesting to see how many requests we get tomorrow and Friday for them.  We have 2 typewriters so I guess two people can do them at a time, but we shall see.  So what am I doing for work...?  Auditing.   Rather than give us the option of time off, we've been given busy work.  Have I been doing any of it?  Some.  hehehe.  Breyerfest starts Friday and a lot of people are already there so I've been reading blogs on Blab and it's making me really want to go next year.  <sigh>  We shall see.  I have a plane ticket to go to San Diego in November, but if I end up buying a "new" car in October or November, I won't be able to afford San Diego AND Kentucky so I'd have to "eat" the $98 plane ticket, which isn't that big of a deal.  I might be able to go to see a friend in Las Vegas in October and still go to BF, but I don't know.  I wouldn't have to pay for a hotel, but I'd still have to pay for a car rental (I wouldn't want to be at her mercy for rides while there) and the difference it would cost between my current ticket and changing it to Las Vegas since I got the current ticket on sale and it'd be $75 to change it to Las Vegas since the fare is higher.  We shall see.

Well, I guess I'd better get to work.  Or something.  hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment