Sunday, October 25, 2015

Leibster Award Questions...

Thank you to Nichelle at Desktop Stables for tagging me on your Liebster Award nomination.  These are fun.  

1: What first got you into model horses?
I don't remember, really.  I may have been in a toy store that sold them and talked my parents into buying me one.  I was 7 or 8.

2: Plastic, resin, both or other?
Plastic

3: Who is your favorite horse in your collection?
That's a tough one.  It's hard to pick just one, but I'm going to say Kalahkaari.  Either him or the original Lady Phase.

4: Who is your favorite model horse sculptor?
I actually don't have one.  I don't buy based on who the sculptor was and I really couldn't point out a model and tell you who it was sculpted by.

5: Finishwork artist? 
N/A as I don't collect non-OF

6: How long have you been collecting?
A looooong time.  35+ years...but not straight.  In the 90s I took a break.

7: What would your dream horse be? (real or model!)
Model: Zydeco
Real:  A 17hh bay Hanoverian

8: Do you have a sentimental favorite model?
Not really.

9: What do you like most about the model horse hobby?
Good question.  I've seen some real good things such as helping others out who are in need and I have seen ugliness.

10: What is your best memory involving model horses?
Winning my first (and only) Champion in halter.  It was at Arizona Live in 1996 and I got a neat clear trophy plaque thing.  I still have the award and the model that won it, which is amazing since I have so few other models anymore from that time period.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats. That little model is so cute! I've also nominated you for the award! See my blog for the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I don't remember if he is Just Justin the Quarter Pony or Rocky the Connemara Pony. Hahaha. They're both so similar.

    I was just on your blog earlier today and didn't see it. I'll have to go look again.

    ReplyDelete