Thursday, July 25, 2013

Meet Tim & Larry....or...Breyerfest or Bust...

Meet Tim & Larry...
Yes, I agree they're strange names, especially since Larry is a mare, but when I was driving to work yesterday and trying to come up with names for them, not show names, just names, I decided I wanted the appaloosa to be named Larry.  I was thinking of spelling it "Larri" and be short for 'Larissa' but I didn't want it to potentially be pronounced incorrectly.  I'm a bit odd when it comes to correct pronunciation of names.  Anyway, This is what I got from Breyerfest, thanks to a pick-up by blabber erin123373.  They arrived yesterday along with a program, a magnet and a Smart & Shiney trading card.  I just LOVE the little pouches they came in and it'll make traveling with them so much easier because they're padded plus the SMs came in bubblewrap, which I kept.

Anyway, on a thread on Blab yesterday I mentioned I'd come up with what I thought was a cute idea regarding these two and Breyerfest.  They are going to be my "representatives", so to speak.  I don't really know how to describe it, but they'll be part of the planning process to get me to Kentucky next year and then they'll go with me.  Yeah, it doesn't make much sense, but...hahaha.  But I have this Smash Book and what I'm going to do is make it a Breyerfest or Bust (or Breyerfest Bound...haven't decided yet) kind of scrapbook and I'll put different Breyerfest stuff in it along with information about stuff to do there and it'll culminate with my actual trip to Kentucky.  I've got a bunch of stuff so far...
I just need to start getting it together in the book.  I also have a special money box.  I took the box I got in the Spring Fling Stablemate Swap on Blab and added some extra stickers and I'll put my BF spending money in there
It's a really cool box.  Nicely made and solid wood.  It'll do nicely for this purpose.  It's already got some money in it, too!  Yay!  Not much, but it's a start.  hahaha.

A couple of weeks ago I got a new horse and I never got around to taking pictures of it.  It's the Overo Paint Mare & Foal set.  I really only wanted it for the mare because she's on the Lady Phase mold, but the foal is growing on me.

I'd been meaning to get some kind of backdrop material to take pictures on and never got around to it and then I got this wonderful ivory color piece that's really silky (might be silk, don't know) when a friend on Blab so generously PIFed me her Buttercream (idocus mold) and I thought it'd be perfect.  This is the first time I've used it so I need to work on placement and draping a bit more.  But both pictures were taken on my beat up ol' dresser.  The cloth does a nice job at hiding it and all the lighthouses on it, don't you think?

Today has been pretty rainy and grey.  I'm half-asleep and apparently hallucinating because I walked by a window and saw a couple of darker grey clouds in the sky and thought it was something flying.  I keep making mistakes on my work.  Gaaaaah!  Hopefully the day will improve.  This Sunday there's supposed to be at least 4, if not 5 coupon inserts in the paper and from the preliminary lists I've seen, there's going to be some good ones.  I'm looking forward to it.  I don't usually care for Sundays (grocery shopping and having to go back to work the next day) but I'm actually looking forward to it this week.  I'm just looking forward to the weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment