Thursday, December 5, 2013

December 5th...

I couldn't think of a good enough title so the date will have to do.  I know I've been kind of lax in blogging lately, I just haven't had much to say.  Thanksgiving was last week.  My mom made a turkey and a bunch of sides.  My brother had a buddy of his over.  We've always had "strays" when we've hosted dinner at our house, and occasionally when it was at my parents' house up north.  It's just the 3 of us now and my mom lives with us so there is no alternating homes for holiday dinners.  Christmas dinner is usually just family, though.  Last year we had prime rib and I think that's what's on the menu this year, too.  I hope so.  hahaha.

Today is the annual holiday buffet at work.  I didn't go.  I haven't gone in several years.  I just don't enjoy getting there and getting my food then trying to find a place to sit.  If I find an empty table, I grab that one and other people come and sit down, but they don't socialize with me.  I'm in a different location than where the buffet is held so I don't know them and they don't know me.  They talk to their co-workers and friends and I just sit there.  If I'm not able to find an empty table then I have to try to find a place to sit and I'm quite shy about stuff like that.  It's just easier not to go.  The people in my unit, they have their little groups and they don't invite me to join them.  Oh well.  I'm not looking for sympathy or anything, just explaining why I don't go.  The food isn't that good anyway and I don't like having to ride the bus they hire to take us from my building to the other one up the street.  Oh well.  My unit is having its own holiday gathering.  We're ordering from NYPD Pizza and we're going to watch a movie.  We're also going to do a Secret Santa.  Usually they do a White Elephant and I don't participate in that because I don't like the concept of being able to take away someone else's gift if you like that one better than one you might get.  So I'm glad we're having a regular Secret Santa and everyone who is participating has a list up at their desk.  The first things on my list are probably the least likely I'll get because they have to be ordered from a web store.  It's one I order from often and have been wanting these items but decided to put them on my list.  One of the items is a cute cell phone holder...
and the other is a bento box from Amazon...
The third item is also a bento box from the same website as the cell phone holder.  On my list I put the web address and the name of the items so hopefully they're easy to find.  We'll see.  I know I will be happy with whatever I get.  I also put on there gift cards for Amazon, Barnes & Noble and iTunes.  The only thing I can use the iTunes on is my iPad mini since my mp3 player is by Sanyo and my laptop doesn't like iTunes.  hahaha.

I have a confession to make...I'm addicted to horse pictures.  Even though I have tons of them, I keep looking for more.  Several times a week.  And when I have enough of them built up, I have them printed.  Originally I started collecting them to use as inspiration to get back into riding shape, but now I can't stop myself from collecting them and having them printed.  I have no idea what I'm going to do with all these pictures.  I'm rather picky about them, though.  I prefer the shots taken from the saddle with the horse's ears visible, but there has to be a certain amount of the ears visible
(gee whiz info: I know the girl in the middle)
I don't like too much of the head showing or just half the head/neck because the horse is off-center.  Now I've started collecting ones that are a bit different and interesting...
(wild horses from the Salt River herd)


I wish I could stop myself from looking for the pictures and having them printed because I really don't know what I'm going to do with them.  <sigh>  Oh well.

Today the weather has been really cold the past couple of days.  It's only supposed to get to be 56 today.  It was 46 when I left for work.  They're getting snow up north in Flagstaff, which is only about a 2 1/2 hour drive from where I live.  I wish it snowed more often at 2500 feet because that's close enough for me to drive to without having to worry about lots of hills and my car potentially breaking down.  It's supposed to get colder in the coming days.  I can't wait!

Happy Thursday!



2 comments:

  1. You want some cold? Just come on over to CO! It is -8 and about seven inches and counting of snow on the ground. I want it to be hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to visit Colorado again! I was there once when I was 16 because I have relatives there. We were there in July, though, so it wasn't cold. I don't want -8 but colder than 55 and snow would be quite nice for me. :) I'll send you some of our warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete