Monday, August 25, 2014

Hacked! :::update at end:::

I can't believe it.  Last week when I saw the thread on Blab about Breyer being hacked but I didn't really pay much attention since I hadn't bought anything on their website in a couple of months, give or take.  But then they released Breyerfest overstock on Friday and they had the bears and Champagne Toast that I wanted so I didn't hesitate to buy them.  Then yesterday I decided to buy the 25th anniversary program.  Well, this afternoon my work phone rang.  It had an 800 number and since I wasn't expecting any calls I didn't answer.  They left a message, but I was in the process of looking the phone number up on Google.  A couple of reports said it was a scam about fraudulent activity, but I kept reading and discovered that people were having legitimate issues with their bank accounts.  I began to panic as I hurried to log into my bank account and the first thing I see is the amount is half of what it should be.  Crap!  So I clicked on the hyperlink and was FLOORED
Pending Transactions     Note: Amounts may change ( Learn More )
08/25/14
CHKCARDSILHOUETTE HAIR MOUNT PROSPECIL
$0.01
08/25/14
CHKCARDAmazon Services-Kindle866 216 1072 WA
$3.23
08/25/14
CHKCARDBREYERHORSESCOM PEQUANNOCK NJ
$10.00
08/25/14
POS #00955 ALBERTSONS SCOTTSDALE AZ
$64.08
08/25/14
POS WAL-MART #2112 SCOTTSDALE AZ
$65.27
08/25/14
CHKCARDTICKETS* CHICAGO CUBSCHICAGO IL
$191.32
08/25/14
CHKCARDTICKETS* OAKLAND A'S OAKLAND CA
$238.25
08/25/14
CHKCARDTICKETS* THE BALTIMOREBALTIMORE MD
$131.50
08/25/14
POS CIRCLE K 03747 2730 N TEMPE AZ
$42.05
08/25/14
CHKCARD REVERSAL
$180.12
08/25/14
CHKCARDTICKETS* CHICAGO CUBSCHICAGO IL
$180.12
Posted Transactions
What the f**k??... Someone had hacked my account and bought not one, but FOUR baseball tickets plus some hair thing. The bank reversed the first charge, but not the subsequent three. So I called the bank to do a fraud package. I'm beyond words. I can't believe this happened to me. Other people on Blab are reporting similar issues today, including someone who also got the Chicago Cubs tickets on their account. A couple of people called Breyer to let them know and one person said they'd notify the appropriate people while another person denied it came from Breyer despite the fact that the accounts that were hacked are only used for specific online purchases.

Hopefully the bank will rule in my favor very quickly so my money will be returned. I'm not a rich person and the amount they took was my car money. So, if you bought anything from Breyerhorses.com in the past week or two, check your account.

On a good note, though, I have the two bears and Champagne Toast coming. There's possibility that either of them could be the coveted solid silver ones. I can't wait to get them!!!!


****update 8/27**** the fraudulent charges posted to my bank account last night! but as of this moment, my account has been credited back except the .01 for the hair thing, but I can live with that. The credit is showing as 'pending' but I feel so much better seeing it back in my account. I still need to wait for my new card, though, and memorize the new number. Hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment