Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Baby Horse Cuteness!

Okay, don't get me wrong, I love baby animals.  Who doesn't?  But I don't like models of mother/child situations or pictures on notebooks of mother/child images.  I don't know why really.  I have a great relationship with my mom so I know it has nothing to do with that.  I don't tend to buy mother/child model sets.  Foals alone are fine, but not together.  Again, I don't know why.  I already know I'm weird so this is just a layer to that weirdness I've come to embrace.

This post, however, really has nothing to do with that.  I just wanted to put out there that I prefer not to have mother/child pictures or whatever, but sometimes there has to be an exception.  I love seeing baby tigers and baby lions climbing all over their moms.  I think it's cute.  But I digress.  This post is supposed to be about a cute colt that was born 10 days ago.  I'm not real sure the ownership situation, but that's okay.  I got permission from the person who took the photos, Natalie Kilpatrick, to share her photos of "her" colt and that's what I'm going to do.

On Model Horse Blab, Natalie started a thread inviting us to guess the foaling date, time, gender and color of the foal.  She told us what the colors of the parents were (I never claim to understand horse color genetics and breeds that produce color like Paints and Appies are even more confusing) and we could use that information to make our guess.  I don't know that anyone actually came close enough to having all the right answers to win or if there was anything to win, but at about 4:30 on the morning of April 14th, 2013, little Jager made his way into the world.  The following are pictures of him at a week old and, again, are used with permission of Natalie Kilpatrick.  :)  Thank you, Natalie, for granting me permission to use them.

Frolicking in the field
Hi there!
And this is my favorite.  When I go to zoos I am always trying to get pictures of the animals yawning or at Sea World of the whales with their mouths open.  For the cats in zoos it's to get pictures of their impressive teeth, but the whales it's about their tongue.  No, I don't have a tongue fetish, but it's just so cute when an animal, especially a baby, sticks its tongue out.  Okay.  Are you ready?
Isn't that just the most adorable thing?  Okay, they're all pretty dang cute, huh?  Watching foals in the first weeks of life is such a joy.  One I don't get to experience very often, but pictures can be almost as good.  I'm a very visual person.  I like pictures.  :)

Anyway, there you go.  I hope you didn't die from cuteness overload.  hehehe.

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment