Saturday, June 22, 2013

Breyerfest...

Breyerfest is just around the corner.  A month or so away.  I've never been because, quite frankly, the thought of spending that much time in an airplane scares the spit out of me. Plus, it's kind of expensive.  Mainly the airfare.  Every year there's a different theme and this year is Denim & Diamonds.  Initially I wasn't too interested in the theme, but the more I thought of it and likely the abundance of stock horse things that would go with it, I became interested.  So, when someone on Blab posted a thread looking for a third person to share a room with her and another person, I jumped on it.  I would fly to Dallas where they lived and could even stay with her the night I arrived to save on hotel costs plus stay with them again when we got back so I wouldn't have to worry about rushing to the airport.  It sounded perfect and I was getting excited, but then I asked how long they were planning to be gone and the excitement quickly deflated.  I couldn't be away that long.  I have too many responsibilities.

So, now, here we are.  About a month away from Breyerfest and Breyer has been releasing auction models just about every day, it seems.  The Special Runs are pretty nice...



The only mold I collect of those three is the middle one...Lady Phase...but I really like the other two. Initially I wasn't too thrilled about Twill (lady phase) but the more I look at her the more I like her and may just have to try for her on the secondary market. Or see if I can get a buddy on Blab to snag me one. Anyway, it's the auction models that I'm really drooling over. I don't collect either mold, but for these two I'd make an exception
I've seen posts on Blab asking people to bid on the auction models for them, or buying raffle tickets for them, but that would make me nervous. I know most of the people on Blab are honest, but it's my own paranoia that would make me nervous. I am having someone pick me up two of the special Stablemates and that's making me nervous because I don't know her and I've already paid her because she needed the money to buy the One Day Ticket needed to score the Stablemates. It's "only" $50 but still... So, anyway, next year is the 25th anniversary of Breyerfest and I REALLY want to go. Not just for the plastic ponies, but because Kentucky is home to all things horse. Then they also have a couple of zoos and I have totally sucked lately in my zoo travels. If I don't go to Kentucky I can go back to San Francisco or Seattle and have zoos and lighthouses and my lighthouse hunting has severely lacked, too. But then I think how neat it would be to maybe be Kentucky where I finally get to ride again. I don't know. I just don't know. Gaaaaaaah! Well, I hope y'all have a good weekend. No big plans here. Maybe work on my stories a bit. Maybe make a couple of halters. We'll have to see...

No comments:

Post a Comment